Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A little slow on the uptake....

but this is the challenge that was set on the Scrapbook Station forum.  Taking photos of things you love in your home.  There will probably be another one up now ready to do, and I have just gotten around to this one.  I know...SLACK!  I have been sick, so I have a semi excuse.  Anyway, I glanced around this morning and snapped these pics of things I love around my home.Grassesweb


I am in the process of eliminating things that are of no use, or have been around for ever without a reason why!  I am just starting to buy things that actually tie the decore together.  We really have had no time to actually do this.  We get married and were both working, then within the first year we had our first bub, and then sold and bought houses with a 1 year old.  So things just got put where they got put, and nothing had changed since!!!  I am getting there.  Sorting through unneeded stuff when you are a 'keeper' is a big job!!!


Coffeeweb I love my coffee and our coffee machine.  It grinds, brews, froths, Just doesn't make toast.  (Someone should think of that)


Flowersweb


These flowers just make me Happy.  Have no idea who dreamed up the idea to make a rose out of feathers...yep feathers, but they are awfully pretty and I don't need to water them!



And this is my embellished monogram.  It wMonogram_letteras actually my entry for scrapbooking Masters last year.  It has soooo much work on it.  All the design on the paper is stitched over.  My name is handwritten in silver a million times around the inside of the letter and the mini book was a project in itself. 


(I liked it, even if they didn't!!!)


Well that is done now.  Now I have to get going on my own challenge!  Now that one really is just slack.  I have had plenty of time to do this one, and I just haven't!!!  I have the 'April' challenge to set to.  It will be done soon!

6 comments:

  1. Everyone is putting me to shame, am I the only one who's yet to do this challenge? lol.
    Gorgeous items, thanks for sharing a part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all your things. I know what you mean about things just getting "put". If we weren't doing up our place to sell it, it would look completely different. I also know all about buying and selling a house with a one year old, lol!
    Wowee, your monogram! So much work. In fact, I was blown away by the amount of work everyone put into their entries. No wonder mine didn't get any love! I don't think I'll bother entering this year - I can't be bothered putting all that work into something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFS Lydell. and yep the next challenge is up!!! LOL
    Love the vase, and the flowers, and your monogramme is gorgeous.
    Im a bit of a 'keeper' (read hoarder!)too, but Im in the middle of a decluttering drive! Must be the weather LOL
    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydell it was your coffee machine that inspired me to get mine! Pity I have totally gone off coffee since being pregnant! That wasn't well timed at all. At least I can stomach the smell of coffee now so there is hope I will once more indulge in coffees at your place and at mine in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydell...it was lovely to pop in for a blog visit today...I instantly connected to your description of cleaning out the things that have no purpose and bying things that tie the decor....I am feeling very in that mood lately.
    I love your 'proof of life' challenges too...but I am already behind...hoping to catch up....
    Hope you are feeling better..
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Mel, Im slacker than just about everybody on the SS forum.
    Lydell, gorgeous photos. Want Want Want that coffee machine. Im coverting one at the moment. And Pls Pls Pls scrap that flower photo. It is so divine.
    Hope you see you at the SS Scrap Night. It would be really novel for us to actually catch up !!!
    Steph xo

    ReplyDelete